Sunday 27 November 2011

Not an Owl

update but a CHRISTMAS post :)

This year my parents threw away there 25 year old Christmas tree for a lovely (non-sagging) new one. Mum wants to mainly go back to traditional decorations. So we decided it would be fun to make our own. I am so excited as although my mum is arty, she has never gotten into stitching, no matter how much I try :( and she rarely makes time for crafts these days so this should be so much fun!

We have set a challenge of 5 'different' decorations. Although we haven't really set any rules it would obviously be really boring to have 5 exactly the same. And I want more than 5 decs at the end so I will be making 2 or 3 of each thing if I can!

So I had a trip to Hobby Craft for some felt and ribbon today and here is my first:
3 little Gingerbead Men. They were so easy to make, I just drew around a cookie cutter for the shape, decorated with buttons and ribbon, then stitched it together using blanket stitch, then stuffed!

Mum hasn't made it to a craft store yet so im not sure what she is planning. But I will give her some felt incase she wants to make one too! I will post pics of here's on the blog too.

And can you see the edge of the sewing box behind the Gingerbread Man? My gorgeous hubby spotted it reduced to £15 whilst I was on my felt finding mission and bought it for me, because I have wanted one for so long-what a star.

No comments:

Post a Comment