Saturday 19 November 2011

Sad News :(

My parents cat Lottie past away of old age last week!



 My mum found her in my school playground when I was 5, that was 20 years ago now!She was being chased around by children and was terrified. Mum scooped her up and put her inside her coat and got the bus home with her like that! After no replies to adverts saying we had found her Mum took her to the vet for a check up and they guessed she was about 6-9 months old and had been living 'rough' for a while. So we got to keep her.
 Obviously my parents are really upset as are my brothers and I as she was also our childhood pet! She was such a lovely natured animal and put up with a lot from us when we where younger, being dressed in dolls clothes and things. She had 3 litters of kittens in her younger days too, and she even outlived some of them bless her. (different family members had some of them). She certainly bought us lots of joy and will be sadly missed.

I have been stitching my parents a little something to remember her and finished it today. The original was an RSPCA chart called 'Smudge' that looked similar to her, so I just changed the markings and colours. 



With my dad in 2008, that is my eldest son on he's lap.




I'm going to frame it over the weekend and give it to them next time I see them. I will get a better picture of it once it's framed hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment