Saturday 7 January 2012

1st Stash of the Year

It feels like ages since I have done any 'stashing'. This was from my Sew and So spree. It is mainly bits for my first ever hardhanger project that I am planning to do this year, I will definitely need to do some practise pieces first though, I had a look through the chart pack and just felt confused! Its the first time I have ever had any hand-dyed thread so was very excited about the Caron Wildflower threads. They are also for the hardhanger project. There is also a Lizzie Kate Chart that I feel in love with and a Herb Garden bookmark that was in their sale.

This week in the UK a new part magazine is out called The Art of Quilting. Each issue comes with the fabric to make a quilt block with step-by-step instructions as well as other projects. (there have been similar magazines out for knitting and Crochet) I have bought the first one as I have been looking into quilting since getting my sewing machine. Here is my first attempt:
I have decided that it is far to pricey to subscribe to the magazine (90 issue in total @ £3.99 an issue plus £5.99 every 20 issues for a binder!!! OUCH) but I will get the first 3-4 that will be sold in WHSmiths just to have a practice. If im any good I may have a go at making both my sons a quilt each, and maybe one for me too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment