Thursday 10 May 2012

Around The World in 80 Stitches-Intro

I know I have mentioned this before but I will give you all the info anyway :)
Papillon Creations run a Mystery Stitch Along every few years that feature lots of speciality Stitches. Some of you may have already come across them. The last one was Castles in the Air. I followed the last one but never actually took part as I had to much on my TO Do list! But I thought it was beautiful so decided I would definitely do the next one, and here it is:) 

This is a 24 part/month SAL. Each month will feature 3 or 4 speciality stitches which share their names with countries, areas or cities from around the world.
They have given a guideline for selecting colours and the finished piece is 237x237 stitches. 


Here is my choices!

I have chosen to stitch mine on 32 count White Belfast Linen.

My Colours-All DMC
Dark Green  -561
Medium Green-562
Light Green -564
Floral 1       -3078
Floral 2       -3688
Floral 3       -340
Floral 4       -255
Floral 5       -211
Floral 6       -3727
Floral 7       -3807
Floral 8       -155
Metalic       -E316
Beads         - Mill Hill Seed Beeds  02001, 02009

The first part of the stitch along is available now at  http://papillon-creations.com. Just sign up for the news letter :) and pay a small fee for Part 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment